Information We Collect
“Personal information” generally means information that does or can reasonably identify you as an individual. We collect various types of personal information in the recruiting and application process from several sources, including:
- Applicant information on third-party supported recruiting systems and other interfaced applications that you voluntarily provide to us, which may include the following categories of personal information
- Identifiers, such as name, password, home/mailing address, email address, telephone number, relevant licenses, and certifications
- Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law, to the extent you elect to provide us with such information as part of your application and employment documents, such as sex, age, race, religion, national origin, disability, medical conditions and information, citizenship, immigration status, and marital status; associated information to understand and assess accommodation requests regarding potential disabilities or other health conditions
- Information required by the Department of Insurance, background check information, such as information necessary to complete background checks, when permitted by law
- Professional or employment-related information such as an application and resume, assessment scores, references, employment history, skills, performance evaluations, communications, wage and salary data, and eligibility for employment
- Education-related information you elect to include in your application materials
- Geographical information, to the extent you search for opportunities by location
- Other information provided to us
- Information that is collected when you are on California Casualty property, such as for an in-person interview, or when you use California Casualty equipment, including:
- Your name and photo ID when you register with security, along with the date and time of your arrival and departure
- Security footage
- Mobile device information, if you are using our guest or California Casualty WiFi, such as browsing history and device ID
What We Do With Your Information
California Casualty uses your personal information as permitted by law and for the following business purposes:
- Operational purposes including recruiting and employment related decisions, accommodating disabilities or health conditions, business planning, audit, compliance, and management of claims or legal disputes
- Safety and security purposes including safeguarding the interests of California Casualty and protecting California Casualty’s know-how, intellectual property, and trade and business secrets, and ensuring the functioning, efficiency, and integrity of our IT systems
Accessing Your Information
You can review and change some of your personal information by logging in to your profile (you will be redirected to a secure login page) and updating your information. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if you discover it is inaccurate or if it changes (for example, if you move).
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and ensure the correct use of information, we put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safe-guard and secure the information we collect.
If you have reason to believe that your personal information is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that your password has been compromised), please immediately notify us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can change your password at any time from the reset password page (you will be redirected to a secure page).
Last updated: February 18, 2020